Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas Biscuits


 

Sooo its been a while since I have blabbed about my life and written up another recipe ... starting up a new job has been a bit more overwhelming than I thought. I shaln't complain however as I am enjoying it and I think I have possibly the best view out of the window. There are some perks to working on the 29th floor of a building; the other day we were above the cloud line, the sun was shining and only the tips of the yellow O2 arena spikes could be seen. In all honesty I felt like I should be skiing, not working. There comes one downside to working on the 29th floor and that is that you have to go up 29 floors in a rather speedy and efficient lift system ... motion sickness is a big issue in my life at the moment!
 
Last week we had our secret santa at work and with a budget of £5 and a person to buy for who I had known for the grand total of 2 days, it was not the easiet of tasks. So after much failed searching I decided to bake something seasonal & bought a nice tin to put the Christmas Biscuits in... easy.
 
These biscuits are soooo yummy I baked a double batch of the quantity specified below & having been eating the extras at a current rate of roughly 3 a day... oops to the diet.
 
 
Makes 16ish large Christmas Trees (10cm high)
or many more if you go for little biscuits
Pre-heat your oven to 180˚C
Bake to perfection for 8-10 minutes
 
You will need the following:
 
200g Self Raising Flour
100g Butter
100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
½tsp Mixed Ground Spices
1¾tsp Cinnamon
 
100g Icing Sugar
1-2tsp Water
 
Rolling pin
Christmas Cutters


 
 
 
 
Method:
Pre-heat your oven
Cream together the butter and sugar
 
 
Add in the egg
 
Sift in the flour and spices
 Mix until combined into a solid cookie-like dough
 
 Then flour your work surface and rolling pin
If you prefer you can half your mixture and roll out half at a time
 
 
Roll your mixture to the thickness of a £1 coin, use your cutter to push down and cut out the shapes
 
Place on a baking tray that has been lined with greaseproof paper
 
Place in the oven for 8 minutes, if they look uncooked or slightly wet looking,
put them back in for 2 minutes more
 
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack

Mix your icing sugar and using a knife,scoop some icing sugar and drizzle over the icing like tinsle on the trees


Leave to dry on a wire rack


Enjoy with a cup of tea, a glass of milk or a more festive glass of mulled wine ...

No comments:

Post a Comment