Thursday 23 August 2012

Oozy Chocolate & Pear Pudding



Having watched the Great British Bake Off this week I felt the need to share a delicious recipe on my blog. When I was away on holiday in Devon with my family we had the Kirk family division of the large family clan round for dinner. I opted to make my favourite sharing pudding that I have made countless times at home. It is a favourite in the Page household and was discovered when I was given Nigella's 'Kitchen' for Christmas a couple of years ago. It is simply divine; perfect for an indulgent & comforting pudding and even better served with a vanilla ice cream. In the many times I have baked this recipe, I have adapted it from the original slightly.

The weather in Devon was not ideal, in actual fact it was torrential gale force wind & therefore a warming pudding was in high order. This is so so easy to make & bake. The pears create a guaranteed gooey centre   to your cake, which makes you look like a pro with incredibly little effort!

Serves 8-10
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
Bake to perfection for 35 minutes

You will need the following:

8 Pears, halved 
or 
if you want to cheat use 2 Cans of Pear halves
175g Butter
150g Caster Sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
3 Eggs
50g Cocoa Powder
1Tsp Baking Powder
2Tsp Vanilla Extract

(I forgot to take a photo of the pears before putting them in the pudding so consequently there are no pears in the photo...apologies!!!!)


Method:

Combine the butter, sugar & cocoa powder together 

Add the eggs one at a time 

Sift in the flour 

Then add in the baking powder & vanilla extract

Line your oven proof dish with the pears ... I used a rectangular one approx 28cm x 20cm 

Spread the batter over the pears

Bake to perfection for 35 minutes

Serve straight out of the dish to your guests ... portion size is entirely at your discretion!
I guarantee you that they wont be small!

 Serve with lashings of ice cream

Enjoy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment